Shooting Australia Junior Championships (Rifle / Pistol)
Entry to the Shooting Australia (SA) Junior Championship is free for junior shooters between the ages of 12 and 20. In addition to the individual ISSF events, 2014 also saw the introduction of the Team Events and the Junior Super Cup.
- 3 athletes per team, each athletes can be from any age category 12 - 20.
- Teams can only be entered by a School, State Association or Club
- Scores from your individual event will go towards the teams match.
Junior Super Cup
The Junior Supercup is a Air Pistol and Air Rifle Knockout Challenge, which has athletes competing one to one with an opponent in a shot for shot event with a point being allocated to the winner after each shot. The competition is shot in rounds with shooters who have been knocked out cheering loudly for the remaining participants.
Previously known as the Youth Nationals, in order to align to the ISSF, the SA HPC made the following changes to this event for 2015 and beyond:
- Will now be known as the Shooting Australia Junior Championships;
- Competitors are to be 20 years & under (as per ISSF rules);
- There will be two age divisions within each event (12–16 years & 17–20 years);
- There is an open age final for each Olympic event
- Non-Olympic events will continue to be offered at this event.